1.09.2014

Happy New Year!

Last year at this time I really set my goals for the year to focus on faith, family, friends, and fun.  I think that I accomplished that a lot.  However I am surprised in how much these focuses centered around just me.  I feel like 2013 was year of personal growth for me in way I have never experience before.

I started doing more volunteering with my church and really spent some personal time praying the rosary and just praying in general.  I made God and faith a big priority in my personal life and I cannot begin to tell you the joy and peace this has brought to me.  I feel a hunger for my faith that is completely new and I am excited to continue my growth.  As I continue on my own personal journey I can see in my husband and children their understanding and support.  The kids are excited and are learning right along with me.  Bret is still more supportive of me rather than wanting to move on his own growth in his personal faith.  That is OK for now I will continue to pray for him and drag him along with me as I go.

Beside faith my health has become a bigger priority both physically and mentally.  While I added a lot of new things in some areas I started cutting other things out.  I said no to some volunteer activities and choose to spend more time at home with my kids.  They are young for such a short time that I want to spend every moment I can with them.  I feel less stressed when I give myself more time to clean up the house, cook meals, do laundry, and even the simple things like play with my kids and read to them more.  I am happier with these changes.

Each year has been different and some years I was ready to see go.  2013 was a good year.  We started building our house, took a trip just the two of us, and spent a lot of time as a family enjoying life.  We are so blessed to be healthy and I hope that 2014 is a great year too.

When I think about my goals for 2014 I think I want to focus on just a couple things.  I want to continue my personal growth and hope to be more generous to Bret with time and opportunites for him to experience this for himself too.  Personally I want to work on being humble and having more patience.  Neither of these two things are easy for me but I am hoping that trying to focus on them more and having them as personal goals will help and each tiny step is still a step in the right direction. 

Happy New Year!

No comments: