1.02.2013

Happy New Year!

Ok so it is a couple days late but it still counts.  The Catholic church says that it is still Christmas.  Those dang Catholics.  They complain because everyone starts celebrating Christmas in November and then complain because no one wants to keep celebrating until January 13th.  Just goes to show they never go with what is popular just what they have always believed.  So like a good Catholic I felt very guilty putting away my Christmas decorations.

We have had a lot of snow this past week.  We went sledding two days in a row and it was really fun.  Bret got the 4-wheeler out and we pulled sleds behind it.  Reminded me of when I was a kid.  We had a quiet but nice New Years at home.  We ordered pizza and a few friends came over.  We played the Wii with the kids and then sent them to bed and played some more board games.  We almost missed New Year's because the game playing got so intense.  So with only seconds to spare we toasted and kissed and wished each other a happy New Year.

2012 was a great year for us.  We are blessed beyond measure and are so very very thankful.  This tiny voice inside worries that 2013 won't be good because who has two great years in a row.  So I just shush the voice and pray that we will continue to be so blessed.

Resolutions are such a funny thing.  I am a very goal oriented person.  It helps me focus on the bigger picture, keeps me focused, and keeps me sain.  So it is no surprise that I usually try to set some resolutions for the year.  This is the year of F.  F as in faith, family, and fun.

I want to grow closer to God this year.  I want to get more involved with our church and to help my children feed their hunger to learn more.  Bret teased me the other day and said something about how I would choose now when we have church 6 times in less than 3 weeks to decide to recommit but oh well.  Bret and I are signed up for a new Catechism class that I am excited about.  Bret is just going with it.

Family is the next F.  This year my side of the family had Christmas dinner together for the first time in 6 years.  It was really really nice.  With our baby growing so fast I really want to take time to really relish family time.  Bret's grandmothers are really aging and have not been doing so well.  It is important to both of us to cherish this time left with them.  I want to try and work on my relationship with my dad.  This is the hardest part of family.  Family is nice when things are good...family is really hard when it is not.  I want to encourage my brother to visit more than just once a year and to help him set some of his own goals (which hopefully includes furthering his education of some sort).

Fun.  Our lives are so busy.  I don't want to just survive our days I want to LIVE them.  As our children grow older at lightening speed I want to cherish and remember and enjoy their childhood.  I want to be present and I want us to have fun.  Bret and I have talked about doing some quick weekend trips just the two of us or even just overnighters.  We want to plan another family vacation.  I want us to have game nights and movie trips.  I want to set aside some of the business and make having a fun a priority in the next year.

I have not been blogging very  much in the past year or so.  I miss it so  much.  I miss the record of our daily lives and I miss the outlet that it allows me.  I hope to recommit to the blog as well.  I hope you all have a very Happy New Year.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you lately and have been catching up on your life via your blog. Your kids are cute cute cute...you must be very proud! Your FFF resolution sounds great and very do-able. I am trying to re-commit myself to blogging, as well, and maybe we can support each other with that! Here's to a great 2013, friend!