9.26.2012

Fall Feelin'

As the weather has finally started to cool off just a tiny bit in our part of the country my desires to invite all things fall into our lives as well.  I love living in KS because we have such distinct seasons year round.  When I think of fall I think of warm browns and oranges, my crock pot filled with roasts, soups, and hearty meals, football, Halloween, jeans and cozy sweaters.
 
This year for the first time I am also thinking about adding a addition to our family.  In one sense I am ready to be done being pregnant and to meet this new little one.  On the other hand I am on the verge of panic thinking about how much I wanted to have done by now that is definitely not. 
 
Our close family has four (soon to be 5) birthdays in October.  I always feel like once October hits it is like this race (aka the holidays) begins and doesn't slow down until February.  So for the past few weeks I have been trying to get some of my list checked off.  One of the most fun was some fall decorating.  I haven't started on the inside.  This is mostly due to the fact that I don't have a lot of fall decorations just Halloween and I wanted to wait until this weekend to set those up.  So for the outside I wanted something EASY  yet pretty.  One of the local nurseries were having a sale on their mums.  I went a little crazy.
 
 Besides the mums I got 3 hanging baskets, the pumpkin pots, a couple straw bales, and some pumpkins.  I purposely drive by my house sometimes just to see the front doorstep.  I love the way it turned out.  When we bought our house I fell in love with the front of it.  I love our porch and the railing.  I can't wait to set out the rest of the Halloween decorations too.
 
 Besides that I also bought a wreath.  I have been pinning DIY wreaths for months now but decided that this time around I was just going to buy one.  I think I might try to find a letter H to put in the middle..maybe not...we will see.

 I feel like my straw bales need something else.  I have thought about a scarecrow or more pumpkins but just can't decide.  For now it looks OK and maybe once I add my Halloween stuff it will be enough.

It makes me happy to see the outside of our house.  The kids and Bret are pretty indifferent but oh well.  I figure we will have lots of guests stopping by once the baby comes so it feels good to know this item on my list can be checked off.
 

No comments: