8.02.2012

The Beach Sans Kids

I love to travel.  One of my favorite things about my husband is that he loves to travel as much if not more than I do.  This past January Bret and I went to see our beloved K-State Wildcats play in the cotton bowl and for the first time we went without our kids.

This past week for the second time ever we left our kids at home with my mom/sister for a couple of days and then Bret's parents.  Bret had a conference at the Kiawah islands just outside of Charleston, SC and I went with him.  We had such a good time.  It was however, a very different type of vacation for us.

Usually our trips are pretty well planned out.  We plan activities, meals, and what our itinerary is going to be for most of the trip.  This time around we just went.  We spent a lot of time at the beach.  While Bret was at the conference I slept, read, and watched the Olympics.  The highlight of our trip was dining out each evening.


The trip was a great opportunity for Bret and I to rest, relax, and enjoy each others company at a beautiful location.  We came home motivated for the rest of the summer, to get ready for school to start, and to have a baby in just a few short months.  We laughed as we sat down for dinner our first evening home.  We went from 5 star dinning to pigs in a blanket and mac'n cheese in just one day.





No comments: