7.22.2012

Emily is 8


Dear Emily,

You are now 8 years old.  How did this happen?  I remember when we first found out that you were a girl how happy both your dad and I were.  Although now we mostly find you in a swimsuit, shorts, and t-shirts, when you were little and I picked out what you were going to wear it was always dresses.  Not just adorable dresses but with hairbows or hats to match. 

We are so proud of you and the young lady that you have become.  Every time I see you get up on the block to start a race tears rush to my eyes, my heart rate races, and I can' t catch my breath.  You are little but so mighty.  Watching the Olympics with you has been so much fun.  Your excitement and cheering is infecting everyone around you.  Keep dreaming big and always believe that anything is possible.

Another boy.  That is what you have been telling everyone since we found out our next baby is going to be a boy.  I, like you, was a little disappointed at first.  The more I thought about it though the more right it felt.  You are our only daughter and you are so precious to us.  Sometimes it feels like you are teaching us how to be better parents.  With school, swimming, and your friends it feels like we are often times following your lead in your life.  We are simply there to offer guidance, love, support, and sometimes pull you back to earth.

Your dad and I are so thankful for all of your help at home.  You are such an example of how someone your age can be so responsible.  You rarely have to be reminded to keep up with your chores and your room is usually the neatest in the house.

2nd grade feels like a big step in the process of growing up.  This year holds so much to look forward to.  We are so honored to join you on your journey in life.  We love you so much.

Mamma


No comments: