4.15.2012

The First Day

"Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favorite"

I don't know who said that but I love that quote. It always makes me smile and think about me and Bret.

Today is the 12th anniversary of the very first day Bret and I had ever met. We have spent very few days apart since then. People ask if it was love at first sight and I don't know how to answer that. We spent that very first evening doing what Bret and I do best...talking, getting to know each other, and sharing our goals and vision for the future. Both of us will tell you that the one thing we remember about that first night was how similar our hopes and dreams looked.

It was like our definition of happiness in life was the same. It has made so much of our life journey together just flow as if that was the way it was always meant too. It hasn't always been easy and sometimes it was much much harder than we ever expected. Sometimes our path went in a different direction than we thought (or hoped) it should.

In 12 years we have shared everything with each other: our hopes, dreams, achievements, failures, fears, sorrows, and of course laughter. There is no one else I would want to spend everyday for the rest of my life with.


No comments: