11.07.2011

Which Season?

I love Thanksgiving. My birthday is the 25th of November so I have always claimed Thanksgiving as one of my favorites. I love the food, family, and the spirit of giving thanks. We look forward to it every year and celebrate it with much gusto each year. One year even though it was just the four of us I cooked the entire meal (turkey, stuffing, potatoes, rolls, green bean casserole, pies, etc, etc).

That said I am admitting to a little secret. I start thinking about Christmas the first of November. Bret has a rule that no decorations show themselves until the day after Christmas (which is when our tree and everything goes up). However that does not preclude me from looking or listening (when he is not around). I spent more time than I care to admit browsing Pinterest and listening to Christmas music on Pandora as I dreamed about what decorations I am going to use in this house.

I have looked online and through tons of catalogs dreaming about our tree this year and what classy decorations for the house I want. I have my Christmas shopping lists made and have looked at Christmas cards to order. My head and heart are ready for December.

I don't think it takes away from Thanksgiving. In our house it is such a joyous time of year that I am eager to extend it in my mind as long as possible. So how about you? Do you hate hearing Christmas music early and seeing all the decorations in the stores or are you anxiously ready too?

No comments: