11.06.2011

Belated

During the month of October 3 very important women in my life celebrate their birthdays. I just wanted to take a moment to tell them all that they are very special to me and that I hope they had a wonderful birthday this year. I was so happy to celebrate with them for the first time in many years.

It is such a fun an exciting blessing to be close to family once again. To sing happy birthday and eat cake at the same table and not have to ship their presents was just one example of something we missed.

On the other hand this keeps our weekends packed with dinners and trips out of town or visitors. We are getting used to our new normal and schedules that keep us running in all directions.

As our kids get older our schedules are filling up with practices, homework, play dates, and games. With the happiness from the many blessings overflowing in our home I hope to spend part of November giving thanks and preparing our hearts for the coming of Advent.

Today I am thankful for the time I spent this evening cuddling with my kids as we watched a movie together and they fought over who was going to sit in mommy's lap (Logan won). For the quiet time spent reading books before bed and kisses as they closed their eyes.

No comments: