4.29.2011

Turned the Corner

Emily and I got up this morning and started watching the Royal wedding at about 5:45 eastern time. It was perfect. We cozied up on the couch in our PJ's with a warm blanket and watched as the soon to be princess walked out of her hotel and got into the car with her dad. Emily was just as fascinated as I was and kept saying "everyone looks so FANCY" and "I LOVE the hats". I did too. It was perfect and I hope that someday when someone asks her if she watched she will remember that her mom woke her up and we watched it together.

This weekend is Bret's last weekend call of residency. Let's hope for a slow weekend. The weather here is scheduled to be beautiful. We have swimming and soccer this weekend and that is about it.

I titled this post turned the corner because that is definitely how I feel. I am not nearly as overwhelmed and feel like we are getting close to the end of our time here. With the nicer weather out I have been running outside more. I meet a friend at the track late in the evening after the kids are put to bed. I love running on the track. I finally understand this saying because literally as I turn the corner of my lap I feel the energy coming back to me and I feel as though the end really is in sight. The "I can really do this" feeling is a great feeling.

My last day of work is June 3rd. That weekend we are having our big sale and Bret is spending that week after memorial day in Philadelphia at a board review conference. Needless to say that we will all be very happy to have that week behind us.

Today as I was making my grocery list for the week I spent some serious time in my freezer and pantry. I am doing really well at focusing on what we have already and trying to use as much of it as I can. There are still some odds and ends that I am not sure what I am going to do with it. I also have a serious baking marathon planned to use up the flour, sugar, etc and giving things to neighbors before we leave. The lists have begun. It was an awesome feeling to cross things off my list.

Next week is teacher appreciation week and the following week is nurse appreciation week. I have some really fun things planned for both. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Katie said...

maybe your teacher sister is included in your plans! :) just kidding. I'm glad Emily got up to watch the wedding with you!