11.11.2010

Thank You

As much as I sometimes complain about how much time my husband spends at work I know that he is always safe. I know that he will eventually come home at night.

Veterans not only risk their lives but also give up long stretches of time away from their family. They miss so much whether it be the birth of a child, birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, and sometimes difficult times as well. The stress that leaving for stretches of time impact the children as well. Imagine only being able to talk to your loved one through email and long distance phone calls and the rare face to face over the computer.

Have you seen the video of surprise homecomings? The children that burst into tears and the mothers that are thanking God. I cry the whole time I watch.

Today I thank not only the Veterans who are our heroes but their families as well.

No comments: