1.29.2010

Palmer James Heskett- 3

So I am about a week behind posting this but I still want to wish my 3 year old a happy birthday.

Dear Palmer,

Happy Birthday! You are getting to be such a big boy and such a loving and caring little guy. I love how you refer to your new baby brother as "my Logan" and are always asking how he is doing. You are going to be an awesome big brother and he loves you so much already.

Your sweet demeanor is matched only by the stubbornness you constantly exhibit. You give the best kisses and are always sure to wipe the boogies first...such a gentleman. You eat more yogurt, cheese, and chocolate milk than any kid I have ever met. You eat sausage biscuits and gravy like a grown man...out eating your dad half the time.

I love how you start sentences with "how about" and "I got an idea". The two's with you were rough at times but I see the light at the end of this tunnel and can't wait for the next. Your mind is like a sponge and it is such a joy for both your dad and I to see the wheels turn as you take on new challenges and learn new things.

I love being your mom and am so glad that even though things were a little crazy at home we still were able to celebrate your 3rd birthday with the party you deserved. Even though I didn't let you have cake for breakfast it still made me smile when you told everyone at your party that your mom made your Lightening McQueen birthday cake. You were worth it.

As you get older I have noticed your relationship with Emily start to change. Don't get me wrong you both adore each other and would be lost without the other. However, I see you also starting to become more of your own person. Emily's ideas are not always right and you are starting to branch out more on your own.

Watching grow from a tiny baby to a clumsy toddler to the little kid that you are now feels like a blink of an eye. Knowing that you will start preschool in the fall makes me realize ever faster how quickly you will continue to grow. I hope that this next year will be awesome and I am thrilled to be home more to get to see and experience it even more. Daddy and I love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG I love you and your kids and your husband!

LegalMist said...

Awww, how sweet. :) He's adorable!