7.27.2009

Recovery

If I never see another cupcake again it may be too soon.

All in all the party went off without a hitch. We had several no shows but all in all we had 11 kids and several adults. The weather was perfect, the activities were a hit, and clean up wasn't that bad. I swore to myself that I was going to do the preparty pictures that you always see on the idea blogs but that just didn't happen. I wish I had more pictures to show of some of the little touches I added like the cake pops from bakerella (which were not as easy as they looked but very yummy and cute enough in the end), the t-shirt that I appliqued for Emily (which is now ruined by the craft paint used to decorate the aprons but was SOO cute for the day and super easy), and several other things.

It was a lot of fun and very memorable but I am glad that it is over. Guess what else is over. NIGHTS!! You cannot believe the relief that washes over me everytime I think about the fact that for the rest of the year Bret will be home in the evening during the week. This morning was a little annoying when he set the alarm for 5:30 and was up and about before six. Of course after he got out of the shower he thought I needed to also be up and around. Nothing worse than someone gently telling you "your going to be late" when in reality for over a month you haven't even cracked an eye open to hit the snooze for another 20 minutes. It was good to be up earlier as it made getting work on time/early easier. The rest of the week looks so normal that I don't even know what to do with myself.

Then there's next week. So you remember how I was complaining about Bret going to KS without me and leaving me with two kids for a week? Well, word spread that one of the Heskett's were going to be in KS and not the grandkids and we couldn't have that right? So after weeks of looking at plane tickets and shaking our heads (even after offers of money to pay for their tickets) Bret has decided to drive back to KS with the kids...by himself.

So 1) Bret is going to drive the entire way with both kids by himself
2) I am the only one not going back to KS
3) I have never been away from both of my kids for longer than a day let alone an entire week and several states in between
and 4) I am going to be here by myself for a week with no husband or kids

I am still not 100% sure how I feel about this. I have a couple of ideas of what I want to do while they are gone (and it involves paint and maybe carpet) but we shall see. I will be happy if I don't turn into a mopey blob for the whole week that they are gone and try to relish in the relaxation that I should be taking advantage of. We shall see.

2 comments:

~Sandy said...

Sounds like the party turned out great!
Just relax and enjoy your week:)

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

Sounds like the perfect week to your self after all the mayhem you have had recently! Enjoy and the time will fly by (well the first 1.5 days at least ;) ).