5.27.2009

Count Down

We leave for Kansas in two days. TWO DAYS!!!! I have nothing packed. NOTHING!!!

OK enough freaking out. The good news is that my laundry is done with the exception of one last load before we leave town. We will gone for 10 days and couldn't be more excited about (well, except the driving part). I will be the first to admit that I have totally slacked off in the "get ready to head back to KS" department. This past weekend both Bret and I worked a day each and by Monday we just wanted to relax a little. Last night I had intentions of getting some serious work done and that went right out the window when Bret asked the kids if they wanted to go to The Works ( a great place to eat similar to Chuckie Cheese except for adults and awesome food). We got home got the kids ready and into bed and I planned once again to start getting some things ready when my friend called and asked if I wanted to go running with her.

It was only 9pm..why not? I have this thing about not saying no when someone asks me to workout with them. The guilt is way to much so I just do it and afterwards I am usually pretty glad. Needless to say after I got back there was no way I was going to get anything done besides go to bed.

Tonight is the night (or maybe tomorrow cause you know I tend to procrastinate until the last minute). I have made my lists and am ready to get the ball rolling. My hope is to have everything packed tonight except the last minute things that I can't pack until the day we leave. Then tomorrow I plan to clean the house. There is nothing better than coming home to a CLEAN house after being out of town.

Don't worry just cause we are going back to KS for the week doesn't mean I won't still be posting. It is Kansas people...not Disney World so we will have some free time. Besides what else am I going to do for 35 hours of driving/riding in the car?

No comments: