3.18.2009

Clear my mind

I was in a really bad mood last night. I was glad that Bret was able to take the kids out to Em's gymnastics class because really I just wanted to be left alone. Some days are just like that. I couldn't figure out how to just move past some of the hurt/pissed off feelings that I had over something that happened that was just stupid yesterday. My friend called and asked if I wanted to go running since it was pretty nice outside yesterday. YES! So after a hard 3 miles I started to feel much better. My running mate is awesome because we both have our ipods and we just run. No talking or trying to make small talk. Just listening to your headphones and focusing on your breathing. It was so refreshing to be able to clear my head of all the crap that was making me feel like crap. By the time Bret and the kids got back I was a completely different person. Before running I didn't really have a good way of working through my own thoughts. I would usually hash things out with Bret and then stew over it at night when I should be sleeping. Not only is this much better for my sleeping time but it's good for my health too.

5 comments:

pj said...

Might have asked this before, do you have the nike + hookup for the ipod. It is pretty cool. Tracks how far how fast and then links to the internet. Check it out.

Angel said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I know it was yesterday was a bit frustrating but I am glad you were able to run it out. Exercise can you wonders for you, especially when you are stressed.

PJ-I have never heard of that Ipod-Nike hookup but I just checked it out and it is awesome!!

Adriana said...

PJ- The nike hookup for the ipod looks awesome. I just got new running shoes though. I read about how other people attached it to their shoe but I am skeptical. Do you have the Nike shoe or just the sensor and if so how did you attach it?

Up Rooted said...

That's how I am when I run. Its my stress reliever. Unfortunately I tweeked my knee and haven't been able to run more than 1/2 a mile before the pain and swelling kick in. Anyway if I'm in a bad mood I go and run, by the time I get home I'm feeling great.
FYI my Physical Therapist said if you're any kind of distance runner don't buy Nike. The air in them is too hard and not good. She recomends Asics. I run in Adidas.

pj said...

You can get a clip that just ties the sensors to your show laces, most running stores have em. The only thing is you need the ipod nano, and the chip and reciever are about 30 bucks.