11.10.2008

Long Awaited Halloween


I have blogged on here before about the costume endeavors that I put myself through each year. Between the shortened time due to vacations and the demands of a four year old princess, this year was my toughest year yet. I was really happy with Palmer's costume. He was the cutest little dragon and his costume turned out great. Emily's costume on the other hand was much more difficult than I thought it was going to be and there wasn't enough time. In the end I think it turned out fine and she felt like a true princess which is what it is all about.

I have decided that this was the last year I was going to make Emily's costume. Laugh as you will but it is a whole different world sewing a costume for someone who has an opinion. This part was poking her, it was too long, and she wanted the shoulders to stand up more. She liked it but she wanted it to be perfect. Mommy doesn't do perfect when it comes to sewing. Palmer didn't care that it was a little long or that there we other imperfections. I think this was just the sign I needed that Emily has moved past homemade costumes and next year will experience the same joy that most other kids do when they go to the store and pick out what they are going to be that year. I think I will still make a costume or two more for Palmer and will definately try to continue the tradition for a new arrivals. In the end we had a really fun time at the school parade/party, trick or treating, and enjoying friends at the Halloween party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's impressive. I don't even know how it is possible to sew those costumes - they look great!

Adriana said...

Thanks Randi! Halloween costumes are very forgiving and as long as you don't look to close they look good. What were your girls dressed up as?