4.15.2013

Rejoice!

This past Sunday Emily received her first holy communion.  As a kid I used to joke that it was one of the few benefits of being Catholic...that you got to wear a beautiful dress for one day.

It wasn't until years later that the true meaning of this sacrifice really settled in my heart.  As a mom it is my job to help my children grown in their love of the Lord and their relationship with him.  There is no greater way to become closer to the Lord than to participate in communion and to watch Emily take this step was so meaningful and made our hearts swell with joy.

I know that every mom is biased by our oldest daughter looked beautiful.  She has such a big heart and as her grandmother put it she is beautiful inside and out.  We are so very proud and thankful.

The dress turned out better than I could have ever hoped for.  At her request I also made the cake.  It was such a good day spent with family and friends.  We are so blessed.









No comments: