8.23.2011

Little G Man is 1



This weekend we celebrate G man's first birthday (my nephew). It was a fun filled day with swimming, cake, and presents. It was once again a reminder why we moved back to KS. These are things that I don't want to always have to miss.


Dear G,


It is a couple days past your first birthday but it will be years and years before you notice. A year ago on your birthday I sat in the waiting room of the dentist's office on the other side of the country from your mom. I quietly calmed your mom down over the phone when they whisked you away to the NICU because your heart was beating so fast. We were all scared but had faith that you were a fighter. It killed me to not be there.


The next day we left Pennsylvania and drove like crazy people through the night straight to the hospital. There is something so different and special about holding your niece or nephew than holding any other baby. You may not be my own child but you are the next closest thing to it.


You are the sweetest and happiest little boy I have ever met. You go with the flow and are always smiling. You are my kids' first and only cousin right and they all adore you. You are one of the boys in every way. I am so excited to spend summers and holidays with you as part of our family. I am so thrilled that I can say proudly I will always be your favorite aunt...since I am your only aunt :)


You love to eat and will eat just about anything. You love playing with your cousins even if they are rough sometimes and don't always share the best. You are going to make an amazing big brother someday too (hint hint). We love you and are so happy that you are in our lives. Happy Birthday and we can't wait to celebrate many more.

No comments: