4.08.2011

Fatty Friday

Since our trip to Colorado I have not been doing a very good job of sticking to the program. My eating has been terrible and before this week I haven't worked out more than once or twice. So it was no surprise to see that I gained just over a pound back. But just like the song I get knocked down but I get up again. I worked out everyday this week and worked on my food choices and portions. Although the scale did not reflect my efforts I feel so much better and am kind of excited to have sore muscles this week. With a glimpse of spring coming our way next week I am thinking about sun dresses and swim suits. This has been a great motivator. As a small reward for my hard work I went and got a pedicure. I still have about 13 pounds to go (at a minimum) but I am ready for the challenge. I ran outside this week because it was nice and I can't wait to do this more often. Bret and I took the kids to the pool one evening and took turns swimming laps. I almost have him convinced to train for a 5K with me that is coming up in August at his home town church picnic. I am not going to hold my breath but I am not going to give up either.

No comments: