3.31.2011

43

Work days left. 43!! I didn't think I would be this excited about quiting my job and not having any plans to get another one in the very near future. I thought I would be more stressed about. I'm not crazy about my current job. It's OK. That is not the real reason I'm excited about quiting though. Emily starts soccer practice next week and we got her game schedule. I was super bummed to realize that I have to miss her first game because I am working my last open house. I even emailed my boss to see if there was anyway of getting out of it and she pretty much told me that she was missing her kid's first game to so suck it up but in a nice way. I have been really lucky in that even though I have worked pretty much full time since all of kids were born I have not had to miss very much. I didn't get to help with the kids' school as much before I worked from home but I did what I could and worked through lunch hours to leave early and used vacation time when I had to. When there was no way for me to get out of it then Bret would go instead. What I realized is that by quiting my job I don't have to miss things anymore. I don't have to make tough choices or juggle around work. I can be there 100% for my kids and I couldn't be happier about it. I am also really excited about some of the plans that I have for starting my own business down the road. I have been toiling around the idea for a while and Bret has really pushed me to give it a go. I want to wait until we get the kids settled and back in school before I do anything but just thinking about it makes me excited for the future. There is so much that is going to happen in the next 43 days and the few weeks right after that and as stressed as it is sometimes I still cannot wait.

No comments: