1.01.2011

Resolved

Happy New Years!

I never think of my plans for the new year as resolutions. I try and think of them more as goals or things I plan to work harder on. Last year some of my goals were to floss more religiously, recycle more consistently, eat better, and spend more time teaching my kids school related things (ie reading, writing, math, etc). Overall I feel pretty good at my attempts.

I read somewhere that it takes 28 times of doing something regularly for it to become a habit. For me this has been pretty spot on. So here are some of my goals for 2011.

I want to be a better daughter. 2010 and even 2009 was a rough year for me and my parents. I have noticed that I have tended to push them away and not been there for them as much as I should have. I am still disappointed and even a little angry with them about somethings but I am ready to heal. I want to call them more regularly and send my dad cards as he goes through is long term rehabilitation. I think what happened to me is that for the longest time I was too involved so my solution the last few years has been to get out completely. I am working to find some sort of balance.

Bret and I both want to have more one on one time with each of our kids. Bret is planning to start "date night" with Emily and I want to do the same with each of the boys. Time is such a precious gift that I want each of my kids to have.

I am going to try and get more organized. Our life feels like a big organized mess. I have piles of papers everywhere, lists all over the place that never get finished, and everyday feels like starting from scratch instead of finishing what I have started. This one is definitely going to be a constant work in progress. If I could just get my closets clean and organized it will be a big step.

Empty my pantry and freezer before we move.

Sell, sell, sell....giveaway, donate, etc. We have a lot of stuff that I do not plan to take back to KS with us.

Blog more regularly. When I started this blog I wrote almost every single day. I miss that so much and plan to get back into the swing of things.

See and do the list of things we will miss once we no longer live in PA.

What goals and plans do you have for the new year?

No comments: