12.15.2009

Just when I thought I was close

Last night I sat down and made a list of Christmas presents I still need to get. Before starting this list I thought that I was 90% done. After making and looking at my list I realized that I have a lot more to get than I thought.

A few things for the kids, a couple stocking stuffers for Bret, the gift cards for the hard to buy for men in our family, and all of the odds and end people (teachers, boss, Bret's nurse, etc, etc) and I start to stress a little.

So I make my lists and plan out my shopping trips. I have been trying to use my lunch hour but to be honest about lunch time it is so much more tempting to eat at my desk and watch something on Hulu instead. Seems like so much effort to venture out amongst them for such a short period of time. I am exhausted just thinking about it. You can forget going after work. Between Bret getting home late and me needing a nap going back outside is once again a monumental task.

My sister flies into town on Saturday, that evening we are going to the Nut Cracker, and Sunday we are doing our holiday baking. I feel like time is running out so fast. Did I mention that the baby could come any day between now and January 4th? So for now I take a deep breath and make a plan. We do what we can and let the rest go. How are your holiday preparations going?

No comments: