12.28.2009

Hangin In There

Hell week for Bret is over (hell week consists of over 110 hours in 7 days...which sucks but at least he now has the next 7 days off), Christmas is over, the in-laws get here on Wednesday, and I am still pregnant and doing well. Whew.

We had a nice quiet Christmas. Although we missed having family in town or being back in KS it was still nice. The kids were great. They loved their presents and are still having a blast playing with all of their new toys. The Disney movie Cars is one of Palmer's all time favorites. We got the DVD when it first came out several years ago and it is VERY scratched and will only play about 20 minutes of skipping video. One of Palmer's gifts was a new copy.

It was really funny because when we first played it it took him a few minutes to realize that it was a new copy of his favorite video and that it wasn't "broken" any more. He has since played the video 15 times at least and only so few because we try and "put it away" or hide it to give us all a break. He now knows pretty much the entire movie by heart. No matter how tired you are of watching the same movie hearing him say "Speed...I am speed" in his squeaky 2 year old voice never gets old.

Emily was a little disappointed that she didn't get the Leapster hand held game system that she really wanted but did a great job of not letting it bother her or take away from the rest of her gifts. Little does she know that the Christmas Kansas elves (aka grandparents, etc) still have a few surprises in store for her. I was really proud that even though it was something she REALLY wanted she didn't let her disappointment get the better of her or her Christmas. She is a great kid.

Our house is still destroyed from all of the toys that we don't have room for. I am back to work this week (since I'm still pregnant) and Bret has the joy of being home all day with both kids today and tomorrow (unless something happens...cross your fingers). When I checked in this morning the first thing he said was "we are cleaning house as soon as you get home". Hmm...too bad he couldn't get started while he is home. Oh, well.

To say that I am done being pregnant is an understatement. I go back and forth from being fine with "the baby will come when the baby is ready" to "if this baby doesn't come soon it will never come and will probably never fit either". Bret is convinced that the baby is too big to fit already and insists on coming with me to my doctor's apt this afternoon. We will see what happens. I am trying to keep an open mind and not stress out about what I can't seem to control. I just want the baby to come in the safest way for both me and the baby. Who knew that was not such an easy answer always. I hope everyone had a great holiday and is preparing for another great year. I'll keep ya posted.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Praying for you, Adriana. Those last few weeks (days) are the toughest, aren't they? Keep us posted!