11.25.2009

Thankful

In between the homesickness that is bound to come with spending the holidays away from family and the mixed feelings about turning a year older today is the voice that reminds me I have so much to be thankful for this year.

My husband and kids are amazing. They make me laugh everyday and are my greatest treasures. Emily told me yesterday that she was really sorry but she couldn't come to my birthday today because she had her Thanksgiving feast at school. The relief on her face when I told her that I was working made it hard not to laugh out loud. She then reassured me that we would have my birthday after school.

I am almost 35 weeks pregnant and I have no complaints. It has (knock on wood) been the easiest and smoothest pregnancy so far. My weight gain (9 lbs), blood pressure, and blood sugar have all been perfect. I have had NO swelling and I feel great. I am amazed everyday at how quickly the pregnancy has gone so far and how soon the baby will be here.

My job. I liked my job before but with the new opportunity to work part time from home it is like an answered prayer. While it will be rocky at first I am confident that we will all be very happy with the new arrangement.

All of us have managed to stay healthy so far this year and for that I am very grateful.

We have enough. By no means are we rolling in dough but we have enough. We have enough to provide well for our children and I am grateful everyday for that.

I hope you all have the best holiday and I am thankful for all of you too!

No comments: