11.06.2009

Sweet Baby

So one of the few things that I knew that I was going to need for this baby was a new diaper bag. Realizing that I wasn't getting a whole lot of new things I decided to splurge just a little. After checking out some of the pricey boutiques and of course the newest Vera Bradley selection I decided that I wanted something more unique. So of course I hit etsy.

Here I met Jenna from Sweet Baby Creations. I liked her bundles that included the diaper bag, matching burp clothes, a diaper clutch, and nursing cover (with drawstring bag). I also wanted a changing pad and wasn't in love with any of the fabrics that she had listed. So much to my delight we began the process of picking out fabrics. One of her listings included a brown corduroy bag with bright prints inside. I loved the brown. I was amazed at how much fabric there is out there and at first it was a little over whelming. Jenna was patient and sent me a lot of ideas to choose from when I found two prints that I just loved.

Last night my package arrived and it felt like Christmas. I LOVE it and am amazed that it was hand made. Even Bret liked it which was a relief cause you know he would carry it if it was to "feminine" or anything. I was too tired last night to get pictures of it but will be sure to post some over the weekend. Not only do I love my one of a kind diaper bag and accessories but I love that I was supporting a mom and her own business too. Check out Jenna's shop and be sure to tell her that I sent you.

No comments: