3.03.2009

And the Little One Said "Roll Over"

My conversation with Emily last night at bedtime:

Emily: Mommy I don't want to go to bed. What if I have a bad dream?

Me: Em, you will be fine there is nothing to be afraid of. Besides, Palmer will protect you.

Emily: Mommy, can I sleep with you?

Me: NO. But you can crawl down and sleep with Palmer after he falls asleep if you have a bad dream but don't wake him up.

Emily: Mommy, I don't want to sleep with Palmer because he snores.

Me: (stifling my laughter because this is serious talk) Em you don't want to sleep with me then because daddy snores really loud..a lot louder than Palmer.

Emily: (Cracking up hysterically) When Palmer snores in my ear I push him gently and then he rolls over and stops. (Still laughing)

Me: (also cracking up) Huh, that's what I do with daddy too.

The boys have no idea why we are laughing. It's true that girls speak a different language.

2 comments:

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

Oh, I love that story! My daughter also tries to sneak into our bed and tells me she doesn't like to dream. We, too, have a snoring Daddy AND a snoring Chihuahua so there's no rest in mommy's bed, either...

Adriana said...

I failed to mention to my daughter that it is rumored that I sometimes snore too (of course only when I have a bad cold or something) although it is yet to be proven. :)