2.09.2009

Count to Ten

It's been a while since I have posted. This is partly due to minor surgery I had last week and partly because like everyone else the late winter blues has me with less than uplifting thoughts to fill the pages with.

I had laproscopic surgery last week to remove a cyst from my ovary. Everything went fine but you know...it's still surgery. You wait in like four different rooms and you are starving b/c you can't eat anything since the night before and you are thirsty b/c you can't have anything to drink for four hours before the surgery and people just do their job and almost completely oblivious to you as they move you, ask you questions, and tell you what to do.

I hate operating rooms. There is nothing friendly or warm about them and I know that nothing can be done about that. One thing that was a little different this time was that after they started the IV I kept waiting for that drowsy feeling. I remember in past surgeries that they would tell you to count backwards from ten and at nine you start to feel you eyelids get heavy and at eight you know that you are done. That didn't happen this time. One minute I am listening in to the nurses in the room making fun of one of the doctors (of course I knew exactly who they were talking about which made it even funnier) and the next thing I know I am waking up in recovery. I mentioned it to Bret and he smiled and said "yah, they push the drugs pretty fast here...no screwing around...it's great". One minute I am completely fine and the next I am OUT.

I am not much one for pain killers either. Even after my c-section I took maybe one pain killer the day I went home and one the next day and then Tylenol and Motrin for me. So this time we didn't even get the Vikadon prescription filled. All is well just have to watch my two year old who doesn't quite get the "mommy's tummy is still really sore" concept. I have to say that two days at home BY MYSELF was awesome. Kids at daycare and Bret at work and me at home with my DVR shows to watch and a couple great new books. It was exactly what the doctor ordered.

No comments: