1.30.2009

What time is it?


I am so glad that last night was Dr. Heskett's last night of nights until next year. I have been having a really hard time sleeping at night and it has been kicking my butt lately. So per Dr. Heskett's advice I took a Tylenol PM a couple of nights ago and it totally knocked me on my ass. So last night I decided to try half a Tylenol PM thinking that it would be just enough to help me sleep soundly but not so much that I would not be able to get my butt out of bed in the morning.

So this morning seemed to come awfully early anyways. I don't remember hearing the alarm but standing in front of me crying is my two year old Palmer. I am beyond groggy trying to figure out why he is crying. Usually early in the morning he is crying because he wants something to eat. It is still REALLY dark outside and I really don't remember hearing the alarm go off but Emily is in the living room watching TV already. So I get up and start to head to the kitchen when I glance at the cable box. I have VERY poor eye sight and usually wear contacts during the day. I adjust my glasses because surely I did not just read that time right. I am still delirious. IT'S 2:30 IN THE MORNING!! WHAT?!?!

So I start yelling b/c I can't believe that I am up starting to get ready for the day and I should still be sleeping. We should all still be sleeping. Emily runs to her bed crying b/c I am the mean mommy who makes her sleep in the wee hours of the morning, and Palmer seems relieved and just flops down on his bed (most likely the reason he was crying to begin with). I go back to bed and am still dazed that we were all up at the butt crack of dawn. Needless to say 4 hours later I was kind of glad to be the mean mommy waking Emily back up. "Still tired" she dares to tell me. "Maybe you shouldn't have woken everyone up before the crack of dawn then huh?" What a way to start off your Friday...at least it wasn't Monday.

1 comment:

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

When I am disoriented I say the wierdest stuff!