1.04.2009

Cheers to 2009!

So I know that I have been very MIA lately. With Christmas and our long trip to Kansas things have been a little crazy. After being in the car for 18 hours and then unpacking a ridiculous amount of clothes and new Christmas gifts brought back from Kansas I am exhausted. So for now I am simply going to promise a load of new posts about the holidays our little one's upcoming birthday party plans, etc and in the mean time I was nominated for an award and have the joy of passing it on as well.


Let's start with the rules: The honorees are to: A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap


1. I obsessively over analyze the meaning of people's comments, emails, etc. I worry that I upset them, that they don't like me, etc until I stay up at night wondering if I should have tried to be nicer to someone or if when Bret said he didn't care if that really meant that he was disappointed in what I choose but didn't really have any way of changing it now so he might as well simply tell me that he didn't care.


2. I have an estranged brother that I rarely talk to or have anything to do with and I prefer it this way.


3. I feel guilty if I have dreams/fantasies where my husband is not the lead role to the point where I have an internal debates in my sleep that wake me up feeling like I was cheating or something. When I mentioned this to Dr. Heskett he told me I was weird....what does that really mean?


4. Even though my wedding was the one of the greatest days of my life I have no desire to ever go through it again...it was so much work and stress leading up to one day. I would rather just have the cake and dancing instead.


5. I am a total TV junkie. I have about 10 shows that I watch religiously. DVR was one of the best things that have ever happened in our marriage since Bret could watch football when my shows were recording and we didn't have to have a Jeopardy Rain Man melt down.


6. Speaking of TV, Bret and I have a strong disagreement over having a TV in our bedroom. He believes that the bedroom is good for two things.....sleeping and.....changing clothes...haha bad joke I know but it is what he always says. The argument has gotten to a point that he emails and clips me articles that prove that not having a TV in the bedroom is better for a marriage and their sex lives. I just want to be able to lay in bed and watch TV...is that too much to ask?


7. My daughter Emily slept in bed with Bret and I until she was 4 months old and then both he and the pediatrician said that I need to transition her to her crib. Although I agreed I was terrified that I wasn't going to hear her through the baby monitor even though her room was right next to mine so I would go to her room in the middle of the night and sleep next her crib and try to wake up and sneak back into bed so Bret wouldn't tell me that I was nuts or something.


8. Although I know that we have agreed on two more kids (four total) I would totally have more if Bret wanted them...in other words he wouldn't have to twist my arm very hard if he decided to have one or two more after the two more we plan to have. For some reason though I am too chicken to try and convince him to have four more kids because really I am not sure I could handle it all anyways.


9. I obsessively check my email and back account everyday..sometimes 3-6 times a day on my bank account and I just leave my email open all day.


10. Besides laundry the house chore that I loathe the most is cleaning the bath tub. I just don't like it.


Now to pass on the award:



1. Chris at Christensen8
2. Angie at Collum Family Fun
3. Angel at Floating Through Time
4. Rose at Rosiesmrtiepants
5. Kim at Antisdel Abstract
6. Cora at Love Letters by Cora
7. Julia at Sometimes Lucid

2 comments:

Kim said...

I was so not talking about you. Trust me, those that I am talking about don't read my blog!!

I'm the same way...I worry all the time about people liking me!

Cora said...

Great list! Thank you for the award. Hmm. I'm going to have to give this one some thought - ten things....