11.03.2008

Ah the quiet

I know that I complain a lot about Bret's nights rotation. There is one part of it that I have grown rather fond of. It is the time right after the kids have gone to bed and the house is totally quite. I can sit and watch TV (time to catch up on Gossip Girl and 90210) or read until I can't see straight. I can go to bed early or late...or I can blog. It's not that I can't do these things when Bret is home but the dynamics of our evenings are different. For one we only have one TV right now so that means finding something we will both watch or watching football. For another thing it is just nice to have alone time. I am not sure that the time to myself is worth the stress of having the kids on my own for a month or worth dealing with Mr. Grumpy either. It is however a the light that leads to the end of this tunnel of a month.

No comments: