10.24.2018

More than half

I was 19 and Bret was two days from turning 19 years old when we first met.  Next month I turn 38 which means we have crossed the point where I have spent more of my life with Bret than before him.  Bret's grandmother used to tell his dad that he had his mom longer than she (his grandmother had) when joking about what she was like or how she acted.

The highs and lows all ebb and flow as the years keep marching on.  Jobs, moving, having babies, raising those babies, teaching those babies how to drive, losing loved ones, traveling, and making memories fill the spaces in those years.  We grew up together and we changed together and all along the way we made the choice to continue to love each other.  Sometimes this choice was much easier than other times.  I am but only a glimmer of the same person that I was at 19 now 19 years later and the same is true for Bret.  However much I loved him then and man did I think it was impossible to love him more I do.  Through everything he still makes me laugh.  We still have so much to talk about and tell each other.  He is the first person I tell good news and bad news to.

We recently had family pictures taken and there was a one picture of us that I feel really captures us and our marriage.  The photographer said to whisper something sexy in my ear and after a brief pause on his part he leaned over and whispered "something sexy".




No comments: