5.24.2011

The adventures of Bret and Adriana

Bret and I love to "do" things. We love to try new experiences and to be active in our lives. Even though we love a lazy Sunday every now and then we really look forward to having fun and being adventurous. We are not talking about jumping out of an airplane adventurous but going places and trying our new things.



This past Friday a friend of ours that works with Bret calls me and wants to know if we can find a babysitter for Saturday. I was pretty surprised to find out that my friend (who usually wants to go shopping, fine dinning, theater, or concerts) wanted Bret and I to join her and a few other friends at a clay pigeon shooting range. Surprised wasn't quite right...speechless was more like it. This friend had never shot a gun in her life. I haven't shot a gun in over 10 years and Bret goes hunting as regularly as possible. So never one to turn down a new experience I called and got a babysitter and Bret got our "stuff" ready to go the next day.



I would be lying if I didn't say it was a little intimidating. I feel pretty comfortable around guns. I grew up around them as my family were all big hunters. Bret feels very comfortable around guns as well. It was having everyone else around us having guns that made me a little nervous. Luckily it quickly passed. Everyone was very cautious and very safe. After we got all checked in and moved to the first range we didn't see a lot of people the rest of the time and we had a really great time.



The place was set up a little like a golf course. There are 17 stations and two "birds" per station. We had a sidewalk that we stayed on the entire time as we made our way around the course. It was a lot of fun and I didn't do to bad for it being the first time in a long time. Bret was in hog heaven and is trying to figure out how to fit in another trip before we leave. It was really fun to be doing something so different together.

The kids had a great afternoon with the babysitter. They got dressed up and had a dance party in my living room...with videos to show for it. They played outside and took long naps to recover. Overall it was really a great day for everyone.

No comments: